Monday, April 18, 2011

BADD to the Bone!!!!!!!!

It's that time of year again, folks! Springtime, flowers, finals......and of course, BADD!!!

What is BADD? BADD stands for Blogging Against Disablism Day. Every May 1st, the awesome Goldfish hosts BADD, a collection of posts all relating to disablism/ableism in one form or another. For those of you who don't know, disablism, also called ableism, is basically discrimination on the basis of disability/ability/whatever the hell you want to call it. It's similar to racism/sexism/etc. This will be......I think my fourth year participating? Yes, four years of being BADD to the bone! Below are the links to my last three BADD posts:

2010 - Harry Potter and the Disability Invisibility Cloak

2009 - Special People, Normal World

2008 - Blogging Against Disablism Day - A Day Late!

Anyway, I'll be tweeting on Twitter (is that redundant?) all about BADD with the hashtag #badd2011 (all credit for anything BADD related goes to the Goldfish!) Follow me and share with me YOUR BADD posts! I can't wait! Hope to see you all there on May 1st!

Blogging Against Disablism Day, May 1st 2011

1 comments :

Adelaide Dupont said...

If everyone tweets (or a significant proportion: quality and quantity too) it will be great to follow #BADD on the hashtag trends.

Have a great 2011.